Influencers are all around us in society. They’re on TV, in social media, and sometimes they may be right next to you! Some influencers have been famous their whole life while others became popular from a single post or tweet. Influencers can be anyone- even you! In this article, we will discuss what an influencer is and how to become one yourself.
What is an Influencer?
An influencer, in the simplest terms, is someone who influences society. This can be through many different mediums like social media (blogs, Twitter, Tumblr), television (reality TV), or even current events (politics).
The most famous of these are celebrities; whether they were known before their fame or not, you’ve probably heard the name Kim Kardashian- and chances are it’s something negative like her sex tape rather than something like her successful game app.
But there are also other examples of influencers – people like Floyd Mayweather Jr. make lots of money by fighting; sure, lots of people watch him fight but he isn’t necessarily acting – he makes his money by beating up other people.
Another example of a famous influencer is the Kardashian sister, Kylie Jenner. She didn’t become popular because she was an actress or singer- it’s from her social media presence on Twitter and Instagram. She also gained notoriety when people found out she had lip injections.
How to Become an Influencer
How can you become part of this influential culture? There are many ways to do it!
1. Create something relevant to your field, like an app or a product, and sell it on the internet. You could also create a blog about the things that interest you- perhaps you love cats but hate dogs; start a blog just for people who hate dogs as much as you do!
2. Don’t be afraid to speak out against society’s norms! If everyone else is doing it one way, try going against the grain. Be different for being different’s sake rather than trying to fit in with what everyone else is doing- not only will your posts be more interesting, but they may seem more credible too because of how unique they are.
3. Make a YouTube channel and post videos about what you’re interested in! You could even create a video that would go viral if you have the knack for it.
4. Consider being an influencer at your school or workplace! If everyone always follows what you say on Twitter, why not start using your social media presence to better the lives of others?
5. Another way to become famous is by taking selfies everywhere you go – this is why many influencers have so many followers on Twitter; they take all their own pictures! However, there are also people like Perez Hilton who got his fame through criticizing celebrities instead of simply posting selfies (although he does both). This may be easier said than done but some people have become famous just from appearing on reality TV shows like “The Bachelor”.
6. Join Twitter and Instagram early on! This is how lots of celebrities got their fame, such as the Kardashian sisters who joined when only 5 people could use it per hour (now there are millions).
You don’t need to be a celebrity or public figure to be an influencer – anyone can do it! Becoming popular may not be easy, but it’s far harder to gain followers if you’re completely unknown than if you already had a presence. So try your best and remember influence society for good!